American Electrical has two series of disconnect switches, ranging from 16 A to 125 A. Isolation of control equipment is an important design consideration. Our disconnect switches can provide isolation and lock out points for power supplies, transformers, small motors or any other types of controls.
Accessories, such as auxiliary contacts are used to electrically indicate the switch position. Remote operation shuts off and handles are offered for those designs that are thru-panel.
Click to see video on DIN rail mounted disconnect switches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h49ANtOKFJU
Click for a video on how to add on to existing control circuits or add a new one quickly and easily! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdrlVLWiGtU
- Save Time
- Easy, top entry, screwless wiring (insert screwdriver, opens clamp – insert wire, remove screwdriver for secure connection)
- Captive half turn, spring loaded, cover screws for fast and easy access
- IP 65, NEMA 4X rated, Polycarbonate (-40 C - 80 C) indoor / outdoor enclosure with gasket
- Included: 2 sets of M20 cable grips (IP68) and locknuts to seal enclosure (3mm-7mm cable diameter)
- Optional: Non-Insulated Screwdriver (used to open terminal spring clamps)